Mountain Biking Flinders Island is a micro, locally owned business on Flinders Island, Tasmania. Flinders Island is made up of interesting people, mountains, oceans, flora, fauna, dirt, sand and granite. It is smack bang in the middle of Bass Strait and enjoys the freedom of fresh air, isolation and four distinct seasons. It is a place that stays in your heart forever.
The founders of Mountain Biking Flinders Island are Claire Castle and Amanda Blyth, fourth and fifth generation respectively. We are your go-to bike hire people. We are offering our TREK mountain bikes for hire. We no longer offer tours, however we can help you plan your own biking adventure.
All you have to do is email us the following information and the choices you, or your group, have made.
- Are you picking bikes up from our hut, situated on the main street of Whitemark (our main town)? If so, what time? Or, would you like us to drop off and/or pick your bikes up? If so, where? A $50 fee applies each way per bike, with a maximum charge of $150 each way.
- Would you like a half day hire ($60 for up to 4 hours) or a full day ($90 for 4-8 hours)? All hires include written suggestions on where to ride with information on terrain and distance, a puncture repair kit, Australian standard helmet, complimentary MBFI water bottle.
- Would you like a packed morning tea? (fruit and trail mix) $10
- Would you like a packed lunch? (quiche, salad, roll, healthy sweet treat) $25. Dietary requirements catered for, please tell us at time of booking. All food packed in a pannier at time of pick up with ice bricks.
- Please tell us your height so we can match you to the best sized bike.
We are here to help you have a wonderful holiday. We have been of service to visitors to our island for the past four years, in particular to the biking community. We look forward to supplying you with bikes, food and maps! We will endeavour to make it as easy as possible for you!
In 2019 this business was a Finalist in the prestigious Tasmanian Tourism Awards. We have proven to be of high standard and quality and will continue at this level into the future.
Mountain Biking Flinders Island supports The Flinders Island Wombat Fund, local people, local businesses and the beautiful environment we live in.